[Lazarus] Crowdfunding to speed up the development of pas2js in Lazarus Widgetset and fpDebug to FPC

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Dec 19 01:13:46 CET 2018

> I know that I haven't donated because there is no breakdown of funds
> spent,
> technical items achieved, conferences held, books published, articles
> printed, industry partners, etc.

Technical items achieved: they are listed in the projects.
Even pas2js is there.

> There doesn't seem to be any organization or progress with the foundation.
> There isn't even a listing of FPC/Lazarus users groups worldwide, etc.

I wouldn't even know where to find them myself ?

> It doesn't seem like a foundation at all.

Almost every page contains an invitation to contact us.
Mails will end up in 2 mailboxes at least. Have you tried this ?

I will admit without reservation that the website looks awful.
I am not a HTML wizard, in fact, I am very bad at it. Yet something had to
be made.

So if someone wants the job of webmaster/webdesigner:
he can have it.

The foundation currently exists of 2 persons, we simply do not have time
to be busy with the website. We want to get technical things done: pas2js
demands an awful lot of time, and we honestly believe this is ensuring the
future of pascal. Today I was at a meetup for TMS Web Core, built on
pas2js and I think we're managing to convince other developers of this.

So if someone wants to help out with the website, drafting bylaws and
whatnot: Feel free to mail me. You will get all info you need or want.

You will then notice that the perception of not being open is without
ground, but simply a consequence of the horrible lack of time we
experience.

Michael.