[Lazarus] Crowdfunding to speed up the development of pas2js in Lazarus Widgetset and fpDebug to FPC

Travis Ayres trayres at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 21:59:49 CET 2018

When this issue cropped up on the mailing list, I went and reviewed the
archive. You link to Michael finally "snapping", and even then he wasn't
rude or out of place at all; I agree with Michael that the emails in the
archives speak for themselves.

Michael seems extremely patient and completely professional - traits that I
find productive in any environment. He's given you multiple chances to drop
it, and even offered to welcome you back if you changed your communication
methods. You're clearly extremely talented - which is absolutely useless
without the soft skills to get your changes considered effectively.
Perhaps brushing up on interpersonal communication would be beneficial.

In any event, I think if everyone just said, "Gee, I got heated, I am
sorry, we can all learn from this", we could all move on and FPC would be
better for it. A split in a community that is already small is detrimental
for new users and is unprofessional from a business perspective - how would
we expect a business to use tools from a community that can't even agree
enough to produce canonical items, or work to resolve technical issues
without serious fracture?