[Lazarus] High-DPI TImageList

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Mon Feb 5 19:45:53 CET 2018

On 05.02.2018 14:07, Werner Pamler via Lazarus wrote:
> The high-DPI imagelist adds a new entry to the lfm file, "BitmapAdv".
> Is this really absolutely necessary in all cases, for example if the
> imagelist contains only standard-resolution images? The problem is
> that once a form with an image list has been opened by Laz trunk it
> cannot be opened by Laz 1.8

I just opened my image list example
(trunk\examples\imagelist_highdpi_designtime\) in Lazarus 1.6 without
any problems. I only had to skip some warning boxes:

I hit on "Continue loading" every time and the project opened without
problems and no lost properties and I was able to compile and run it (of
course without the new high dpi features introduced in 1.9).

=> I cannot confirm that a 1.9 project using the high-dpi image list
cannot be opened in 1.8 and older. Just on the contrary - no problem
here, only one read error box have to be skipped.

Ondrej