[Lazarus] Windows Registry, how do I read data from rdExpandString

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 10:58:21 CET 2018

On Sun, 04 Feb 2018 20:44:03 +0100, Bo Berglund via Lazarus

>So there is a case construct taht uses the data type reported on each
>item, but I don't know what to do about rdExpandString.
>In fact I don't know what kind of data may hide behind this data
>type...

What I want to know is how to treat data of the type REG_EXPAND_SZ in
the registry when reading it. THere are not tha many such but for
completeness I want to be able to display these kinds of data too.

And my code example in my previous post is not working, it contains a
few obvious bugs like using a loop variable inside the loop as a new
loop variable. But these are ironed out already so right now my main
concerns is still the treatment of REG_EXPAND_SZ data...

I googled and followed links into the Microsoft site where the format
should be described but it was only in words and no exact spec that I
could find. Like this:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/256986

Any ideas on what to do?

--