[Lazarus] ppu's in wrong directory.

Donald Ziesig donald at ziesig.org
Wed Feb 7 00:14:32 CET 2018

I am working on updates to some free pascal database code.  In order to
do this, I used fpcupdelux to download and build the entire app into a
private folder so I don't mess up my normal installation.

I made one change to db.pas (changed a private to protected) and
re-compiled it and the IDE and my code.  After doing this, I am getting
many errors of the type:

"bufdataset_parser.pp(13,3) Fatal: Cannot find dbf_prscore used by
bufdataset_parser. Make sure all ppu files of a package are in its
output directory. ppu in wrong
directory=/home/donz/Desktop/Lazarus/fpc/units/x86_64-linux/fcl-db/dbf_prscore.ppu.."

This is just one of many with the same theme (ppu in wrong directory).

I'm working on Linux Mint 18.3, Lazarus 1.8.0, FPC 3.0.4,  SVN 57265M,
x86_64-linux-gtk2

How can I recover from this?

Thanks,

Don Ziesig