[Lazarus] Form events firing order and count

Sat Feb 17 17:26:34 CET 2018

On 2018-02-16 17:40, Gabor Boros via Lazarus wrote:
> I want to know when a form maximized, restored or moved. But completely
> lost between form's events.

I reported the LCL problem of inconsistent events and order of events
between LCL widgetsets (at the time I compared LCL-QT3, LCL-Win32 and
LCL-GTK2) some 12 years ago. From your email, it unfortunately seems
nothing has changed in that regards. I guess you'll just have to live
with it and do lots of testing in your own applications - and devise
your own workarounds with {$IFDEF <platform_xxx>} etc code or field
variables FInSomeEventFired: boolean etc. At the time (circa 2006) our
application relied heavily on specific event orders and LCL was a
nightmare - to the point that we moved to a completely different
solution/toolkit.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/