[Lazarus] Package filenames with _package

Sun Jan 7 12:12:11 CET 2018

On 2018-01-07 09:42, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus wrote:
>> many Laz packages have suffix anyway: Dsgn, Pkg, pkg, maybe others.
> True. And this is unfortunate, because it is not functional at all.

Well, I think it is very important to distinguish between "runtime" and
"design time" packages. One has very different dependencies and meaning
compared to the other one.

Your idea of fpmake using automatic prefixes is good and all, but when a
developer creates a package using Lazarus IDE, there is no "automatic
naming" in play.

The "pkg" suffix is pointless indeed, that is what the file extension is
for. But the "dsgn" suffix is commonly used to distinguish between
runtime (no suffix) and design time usage.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/