[Lazarus] Can the Lazarus IDE match parentheses and begin/ends?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 22:31:04 CET 2018

On Sat, 6 Jan 2018 12:33:43 +0100, Martin Frb via Lazarus

>On 06/01/18 10:25, Bo Berglund via Lazarus wrote:

>> Not working:
>> ( ): Controlled by what?
>Should be the same as ()
>
>Just remember, I think there is a bug in 1.8 (already fixed for the not
>yet released 1.8.2)
>
>brackets only work if they are surrounded by spaces (or maybe it was NOT
>surrounded...)
>https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=32803

OK, I see....
There are strange highlighting going on, example:
Parms.Add(IntToStr(Rev));
Here if I put the cursor left of the ; I get hightlight properly.
But any place before or after any other ( or ) no highlight!

In another code line if I do the same and put the cursorat the end );
between the last chars, then the highlight comes on and boxes the last
) paired with a ( on 7 lines above when there are a lot of both ( and
) inbetween....
Clearly an erroneous highlight.

Well, the other highlightings seem to work at least.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden