[Lazarus] Package filenames with _package

Mon Jan 8 22:38:23 CET 2018

On 2018-01-08 21:30, Kostas Michalopoulos via Lazarus wrote:
> some cases it takes space (like in file managers). Up to 4 letters is fine
> for me, 5 is stretching it and anything above that is only something i'd
> use for file types that i wont see often in a list and even then only if i
> can't avoid it (but really even just 4 characters gives you a lot of
> variation).

Then it seems Windows Explorer is right up your alley. :) They hide the
file extension by default. Users (like me) have to explicitly go into
the settings and enable "show file extensions" option.

Even better, Linux and FreeBSD don't even need file extensions. File
Extensions are simply for [some] human benefit (unlike Windows that
requires them). Linux and FreeBSD OS's query the first 4-8 bytes of a
file to accurately determine the file type and use the appropriate
application to open them.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/