[Lazarus] fixes_1_8 - DBLookupComboBox broken

Gabor Boros mlnglsts at bgss.hu
Thu Jan 11 15:24:59 CET 2018

2018. 01. 11. 12:22 keltezéssel, Werner Pamler via Lazarus írta:
> Am 11.01.2018 um 10:14 schrieb Gabor Boros via Lazarus:
>> From my POV, unacceptable if a fix broke a feature in a fixes_* branch
>> after x.y.0 version released from it.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience. Call it "unacceptable" or not - that's the
> way things are, nobody is perfect.

I have no problem with you just with the broken feature. ;-)

> Please open "dblookupcombobox.inc" (in (lazarus)/lcl/include), find the
> method TDBLookupCombobox.Select and replace it by the following code
> which restores the code before r56990/r55911 for the case that the
> lookupcombobox is not ReadOnly. Your demo works here. Please test
> carefully - as you see I don't have any experience with that ominous
> Unbound mode...

I switched to the latest fixes_1_8 (57037) and replaced
TDBLookupCombobox.Select with the provided code. After that
DBLookupCombobox works as expected for me at first try. I use it daily
and will report if see problem with it.

Thank you!

Gabor