[Lazarus] Any tips to speed up Lazarus->GDB debugger?

Dennis dec12 at avidsoft.com.hk
Thu Jan 11 16:13:15 CET 2018

I am using Lazarus 1.8 Win64 , FPC 3.0.4.
As with older versions, debugger is very slow (compared to Delphi).

Is there any tricks I can use to speed up the debugger e.g. turn off
debug info of all lazarus units/object files?

I remember in Delphi 5, they had an option of whether to use Debug dcu
(of the main VCL units/objects files).
Is there a similar switch I can use to disable debugger in all, except
my own source code so as to speed up the debugger?

Dennis