[Lazarus] IDE focused window after app terminates

Donald Ziesig donald at ziesig.org
Sun Jan 28 23:13:18 CET 2018

On 01/27/2018 07:16 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I never noticed this before, but I'm working on a project where I
> switch very fast and frequently between coding and running the
> program, then back to coding... repeat.
>
> The annoyance I never noticed before is that when my application
> terminates (run via F9 from within the IDE), the Main Window of
> Lazarus IDE always gets focus, instead of the Source Editor window. So
> this forces me to use the mouse to click the Source Editor window to
> get focus, before I can make my next small code change.
>
> I'm using a 2-3 month old Lazarus Trunk (Lazarus 1.9.0 r55733 FPC
> 3.0.4 x86_64-freebsd-gtk2). Maybe I missed it, but does the IDE have
> an option to tell it to focus the Source Editor window instead of the
> Main IDE window after the debugged application terminates? If so,
> where is that option.
>
> Regards,
>   Graeme

I have noticed a similar problem with Lazarus 1.8.0 that did not happen
in earlier versions.  When I click on a tab in the Source Editor with
the focus in an editor window, the focus switches somewhere not in the
window I switched to.  IIRC it used to remember where the cursor and
focus was for each window, but now I have to explicitly click on the
selected editing surface (which changes the cursor position).

If I do an operation in another kind of window (e.g. the Object
Inspector), then move the mouse back to the Source Editor, the cursor
position and focus are restored correctly.

This is particularly annoying :-\

Regards,

Don Ziesig