[Lazarus] Crosscompile to Android on arm?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 10:02:10 CEST 2018

On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 20:40:00 +0200, Bo Berglund via Lazarus

>Concerning my config app I have checked that the code runs on ARM by
>building the same sources I use on my Win7 PC also on a RaspberryPi3B.
>Same FPC and Lazarus versions (3.0.4/1.8.4).
>
>No problems there except an annoying display difference, all of the
>controls on my form were slightly misplaced in RPi3 and the captions
>used a font that was too big and did not fit the text inside the
>buttons...

I was wrong, there ARE problems!
The ported code starts up fine on Raspberry Pi, but as soon as I try
to connect a TCP socket connection to the device the program crashes
hard.
No dialog or anything, it just disappears from sight!!!

As I stated I have created the program from scratch on Windows7 using
FPC/Lazarus (64 bit version) and on Windows it works just fine.
It uses Indy10 for TCP communications.

Then I zipped up the sources and put them on the RPi3 box where I have
FPC 3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.4.
Opened the project in Lazarus and compiled and ran the program.

So I have NOT edited the code for any Win/Linux differences for
example, is that needed?

For example in some console apps I have made also for both Windows and
Raspbian I have this in the lpr file:
  {$IFDEF UNIX}
    {$IFDEF UseCThreads}
    cthreads,
    {$ENDIF}
  {$ENDIF}

If that is needed also here, where should it be put?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden