[Lazarus] Indy vs Synopse: POP3

Sun Jul 29 21:57:01 CEST 2018

On 29/07/18 13:27, Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus wrote:
> As Indy looks like has a "new mechanism" to authentication, I'm thinking if
> Synopse still work for that job. If Indy has no dependencies, I would like
> to use it. I believe Synopse has SSL dependencies... I don't know.
>
> Have you already compare both frameworks? Wich one should I choose for this
> job?

First off, this is the wrong list to ask these questions. Indy has its
own dedicated support newsgroups and web forums (listed on their
website). They are active and your questions will be answered very
quickly. You can also search existing questions (the newsgroups have a
larger history that the web forums as far as I know). So you'll probably
find your answers just by doing that.

I've used both Synapse and Indy in the past. I preferred the interfaces
that Indy components supplied. Indy also has a ton of working examples
for pretty much every component they supply. StackExchange also has
loads of Indy support questions and answers.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/