[Lazarus] Converting a component package Delphi->Lazarus using built-in converter?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 17:19:01 CEST 2018

On Sat, 9 Jun 2018 11:39:28 +0200, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus

>On Fri, 08 Jun 2018 20:08:02 +0200
>Bo Berglund via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>>[...]
>> Then I tried compiling and for the first few components all I had to
>> do was add an {$IFDEF DELPHI} bracket around some Delphi version
>> checking code and they compiled.
>> I also added this to the top of each component source file:
>> {$IFDEF FPC}
>> {$MODE DELPHI}
>> {$ENDIF}
>> (I don't know if this is required on all source files or if there is a
>> master setting that enforces MODE DELPHI for the whole package).
>
>Package / Options / Compiler Options/ Parsing / Syntax Mode

I found the combobox, which was set to "Object Pascal -default..." and
changed to Delphi (-MDelphi)
But when I then click the compile button it stops at the same place
with the same errors...

We have used this TListView descendant since May 1998 and the
ColumnSorting method was added Nov 2005. It has been used in Delphi
since Delphi 3 up until Delphi XE5, where we are now.
The reason for the errors really must have something to do with how
the source is treated with FPC/Lazarus as opposed to Delphi, but what
can it be?
The CustomSort it complains about might exist in a used unit in Delphi
but not in Lazarus for example?

CustomSort seems to be part of the Delphi VCL:
http://docs.embarcadero.com/products/rad_studio/delphiAndcpp2009/HelpUpdate2/EN/html/delphivclwin32/ComCtrls_TCustomListView_CustomSort.html

Is it not available in the Lazarus library?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden