[Lazarus] Using a component OBJ file in Lazarus?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 14:15:06 CEST 2018

On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 12:58:42 +0200, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus

>Your package must inherit an object search path.
>
>Package editor / Options / Package Options / Add path to dependent
>packages / Object
>
>Add '$(PkgDir)' without quotes.

I did this literally as you wrote. So my Package options Object box
contains the text $(PkgDir)

It does not work, Lazarus does not find the obj file anyway.

So next I tried:
$(PkgDir)\..\Sentinel

This time it passed the previous error only to arrive at:

lazarus.pp(161,1) Error: Illegal COFF Magic while reading
D:\Engineering\Projects\Subversion\EI\CMPFPC\Sentinel\SPROMEPS.OBJ

Does this mean that the OBJ file that has worked for more than 15
yesra on different versions of Delphi is somehow of a format not
acceptable by Lazarus?

What is COFF Magic?

--
Bo Berglund