[Lazarus] Using a component OBJ file in Lazarus?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Jun 12 15:25:42 CEST 2018

On 12.06.2018 14:06, Sven Barth via Lazarus wrote:
> The dongle code would also be linked if it would be in a dynamic
> package and Lazarus would support them.
Sorry, I seem not to be have been clear.

The (potential) problem I want to provide a solution for is: not to link
the Dongle code in the Lazarus IDE executable. (But have it usable in
the compiled user application.)
(Delphi does this by using the dynamic linking for the package the
Delphi IDE uses, but this is of no concern when doing Lazarus.)

That is why I suggest to avoid the Dongle code in the package
altogether, and have it only dynamically linked late (on request, which
only is supposed top occur with the user application).

-Michael