[Lazarus] Lazarus Digest, Vol 121, Issue 49

Chavoux Luyt chavoux at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 23:44:48 CET 2018

Hi

I am feeling very stupid now, but not sure where exactly to look. I
installed Lazarus using aptitude on Debian (under /use/libs/lazarus).
However, I see that that whole directory tree belongs to root. So if I
install a new package, how does it get added to the IDE (since I am running
lazarus as a normal user)? Should the installation not give the lazarus
directories to the users group instead of root? I suppose there is some
kind of magic involved that makes it work when recompiling the IDE with the
new packages, but I would like to understand what.

Thanks,
Chavoux