[Lazarus] Special Request: Theme entire IDE support

R0b0t1 r030t1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 17:44:11 CET 2018

On Saturday, March 10, 2018, Vojtěch Čihák via Lazarus <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> you can do it for Qt applications, just run Lazarus (or any Laz. project
built as Qt) as:

> ./lazarus -stylesheet mydarkstyle.qss
>

> where mydarkstyle.qss must be valid Qt Style Sheet file, see:
http://doc.qt.io/archives/qt-4.8/stylesheet.html#stylesheet

I think the issue with this is that some elements use pictures with fixed
colors, and some elements do not honor style settings (like the TreeView in
the component editor, which always has a white cell background).

A complete list would be helpful. Perhaps searching for instances where
colors are set directly?

Cheers,
    R0b0t1

> V.

>> Datum: 10.03.2018 04:41
>> Předmět: [Lazarus] Special Request: Theme entire IDE support
>>

> I just wanted to put this idea out there, which I feel would bring
significant pleasure to a lot of Lazarus users.
> Would someone consider adding or working on support to theme the entire
Lazarus IDE? I've found myself quite fond of darker themed IDE, such as VS
code:
> If anyone has desire to communicate the pros/cons of this proposal (both
of the concept and implementation) could you please it discuss here?