[Lazarus] Color and transparancy selection ?

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Fri Mar 23 08:27:16 CET 2018

On 23.03.2018 1:25, Werner Pamler via Lazarus wrote:
> Looking at the demo of the mbColorLib again after some time I see now
> a terrible flicker on Windows. Ondrej, I fear your change in
> double-buffering killed a majority of third-party components. It may
> take some time until all authors will fix this (and most of them left
> their babies...).

Why killed? You can still set the DoubleBuffered property to True.

In 1.8 the DoubleBuffered property was ignored on Windows for all
controls. Instead DoubleBuffered=True was forced without the chance to
disable it. I.e. the property was absolutely useless since it is not
used on Linux/OSX either.

I just disabled the forced DoubleBuffered=True - the same what Delphi
does. The only thing LCL misses is ParentDoubleBuffered that makes
things easier.

If you don't like the Delphi way but like the Lazarus 1.8 way - it's a
valid scenario as well, but then the DoubleBuffered property should be
deprecated/removed and DoubleBuffered should be handled automatically
with protected methods to override the default behavior.

If you want to discuss it, it will be better to open a new thread.

Ondrej