[Lazarus] Cannot enter '^' in Lazarus trunk build macos/cocoa/x86_64

Dmitry Boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 2 15:24:01 CEST 2018

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 9:09 AM, Michael Ring via Lazarus <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> As it is a dead key you first press '^' on the keyboard and then space.
> other example:  á is created by first pressing '´' and then 'a'

Do you know, if it's required to have German layout to be installed in the
system.
IIRC (away from mac right now), "^" is entered by pressing Shift+6 on Mac
(ansi keyboard with US keys layout) ...and it works.

What I'm thinking is that you're trying to enter the character in SynEdit.
and it might be that Cocoa doesn't report a certain key combinations
properly.

I presume you didn't have this issue in Carbon, thus it's neither SynEdit
bug nor macOS specific behavior, but rather LCLCocoa issue.

That's why I need to know keys combination in order to track the problem on
my end.

thanks,
Dmitry