[Lazarus] Is it possible to find the location of an EAccessViolation, with Lazarus?

Carlos E. R. robin.listas at telefonica.net
Sun May 13 14:29:51 CEST 2018

On 2018-05-13 06:06, Cyrax via Lazarus wrote:
> On 12/05/18 21:04, Carlos E. R. via Lazarus wrote:

>> Although the child is not using pipes :-?
>>

> If the child process outputs something (text or something else), then it
> is using stdout pipe. And if you want access to this output, then you
> need to set poUsePipes enum in the TProcess.Options so TProcess can set
> up IO redirection correctly.

Ah. Then it is the parent who is setting an implicit pipe. That is an
important "detail" that I didn't notice/read about.

> Also do not forget read TProcess.StdErr pipe, otherwise there is change
> for strange behaviour. Or add poStderrToOutPut to TProcess.Options.

Well, of course I did not set it up, because I did not see it in the
example I was following or in the documentation. Thanks for telling me!

<http://wiki.freepascal.org/TProcess>
<http://wiki.freepascal.org/Executing_External_Programs#TProcess>
<https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/fcl/process/tprocess.html>

--