[Lazarus] Uninstalling of Lazarus 1.8.2 under Win 10 (64) incomplete

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed May 23 12:29:53 CEST 2018

On 23/05/2018 02:31, Joe via Lazarus wrote:
> I clicked on 'Einstellungen', then 'Apps', then 'Lazarus 1.8.2' and
> 'Deinstallieren'. A message appeared: 'Diese App und alle
> dazugehörigen Infos werden deinstalliert.' Again I clicked on
> 'Deinstallieren' and rebootet.
>
> Lazarus was removed, but not the offer to remove it under
> Einstellungen ->  Apps. There is still 'Lazarus 1.8.2.
> I clicked on it, clicked again on 'Deinstallieren' and eventually got
> the error message 'D:\lazarus\unins000 konnte nicht gefunden werden.
> Stellen Sie sicher, dass Sie den Namen richtig eingegeben haben, und
> wiederholen Sie den Vorgang.'
>
> Happens under Windows Version 1803 Build 17134.48.

Sounds like an inno setup issue.
I dont know if there are any conditions where innosetup would leave the
info in the registry behind.
Maybe if you had more than one installation, or moved to a new path
(just guessing)

Lazarus does not write anything to the registry. Inno setup does write
(afaik only 2 things)
1) the info for the installer/uninstaller (this includes the install
directory, so the installer knows it the next time)
2) file associations, unless you unchecked this

On the filesystem, Lazarus only writes in the install directory and the
primary config path (in your user directory)
(config is not removed by the uninstaller, this is apparently the way it
works on windows / config may contain project data !)

The installer may also add links in startmenu/desktop

If you install 3rd party packages, they may add other locations.

So if you remove all of the above, then your system is clean.