[Lazarus] New Image Lists question

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Wed May 23 19:35:01 CEST 2018

On 23.05.2018 19:29, Vojtěch Čihák via Lazarus wrote:

> But I need to add images at design-time via Image List Editor. I have
> my images at *.svg format and I use script for converting (I use rsvg
> tool).
>
> So I need to know where to store transfered images (one or more
> directories) and what names (or suffixes) give them to be able to load
> them via Image List Editor at once (if possible).

I don't understand you. The design-time Image List Editor is a
click-here/click-there WYSIWYG dialog. There are absolutely no rules how
you have to save your images... Just load the images one-by-one. The
resolutions will be detected automatically.

But I really advice you not to store all resolutions in the LFM.
Instead, use one big resolution (typically 256x256). All needed
resolutions will be automatically scaled from it in run-time. Add
smaller resolutions only if they don't look good.

Ondrej