[Lazarus] TMysql57Connection won't connect to localhost (fwd)

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu May 31 07:52:10 CEST 2018

Resending, since Larry seems not to have received it.

-----------------
Hello,

This means the mysql_real_connect() call failed. That means mysql itself
reports an error.

This means your connection parameters are somehow not correct: one of hostname,
port, username or password.

At this point the database name is not yet used. First a connection is made,
then the database is selected...

If you leave empty the hostname, it assumes localhost and will attempt a unix
socket connection first.

Do I understand it correctly that you are running the mysql in a bitnami
virtual machine ?

Is your lazarus also running in the virtual machine ? Or is lazarus running
on the host computer ?

Because if that is the case, you cannot use hostname localhost, but you must
use the IP address of the virtual machine.

If lazarus and mysql are running on the same (virtual) machine, then it is
something else.

For instance, what username did you use ? root at localhost or root ? Hopefully
the latter :).

Michael.