[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.8.5 IDE behaviour difference Win-Linux

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 08:13:07 CET 2018

On Sun, 4 Nov 2018 22:49:44 -0200, Fabio Luis Girardi via Lazarus

>I have used laz 1.8.5 in last months and never see this issue. I have it
>installed in 3 PC, now running Linux mint 19 (previous are Linux mint 17.3).

Could it be a Linux distribution issue or the choice of desktop?
I can log into te regular Ubuntu desktop too, but will Lazarus then be
workable? After all it was installed from the Xfce desktop so I could
get a menu to put Lazarus on...
I have no idea how Ubuntu 18 works concerning starting applications
like Lazarus since they removed the application menu. Seems mostly
unusable to me, hence my switch to Xfce.
Maybe Mint is a better choice?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden