[Lazarus] How to build FPC/Lazarus from sources on Windows?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 18:07:06 CET 2018

On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 21:51:45 +0100, John Landmesser via lazarus

>have a look at:
>
>http://wiki.freepascal.org/fpcupdeluxe
>
>that should be sufficient?!!

Looks interesting!
But I have a request:
I tried to set it up for installing fpc fixes3.2 x86_64 on windows and
also wanted to set the crosscompiler installation. Plus selecting the
lazarus version.

But then when I clicked the Install cross-compiler button to select
which crosscompiler to choose, it started a pretty long process which
clearly was not wanted and I saw no way to stop it!
It failed since it could not read some file that was supposed to be
there I guess. Later I found a button way down to the right named
Halt! Is that what is supposed to be used for such mistakes as I did?

Please add a confirmation box *before* operations are started so
mistakes like this can be avoided.

Regarding crosscompilers:
How can I set up those when there is no selector for *which*
crosscompiler I want to also install? The CPU selector seems to be
just a single selector option box.

Anyway I corrected what I did wrong and set it in motion.
Took a while and then it stopped with:

C:\fpc\lazarus\components\lazutils\utf8process.pp(362,69) Error:
(3285) Expected another 2 array elements
utf8process.pp(695) Fatal: (10026) There were 1 errors compiling
module, stopping
Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted
Error: C:\fpc\fpc\bin\x86_64-win64\ppcx64.exe returned an error
exitcode
C:\fpc\fpcbootstrap\make.exe: *** [lazutils] Error 2
fpcupdeluxe: ERROR: LazarusNativeInstaller (BuildModuleCustom:
Lazbuild): make.exe returned error code #2

ERROR: Fpcupdeluxe fatal error !

So what is the deal now?

--
Bo Berglund