[Lazarus] mEDBG Debugger [[was: Re: Switching debugger based on Project settings for embedded targets]]

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Nov 21 14:28:19 CET 2018

On 21/11/2018 14:09, Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via lazarus wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   thx for the info !
>
> On 2018-11-21 14:25, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:
>> Depending on how your external exe works, you need some sort of
>> control when to send which message, and how to parse the answers...
>
>   Actually I'll communicate with the HW Debugger using mEDBG Protocol
> via Serial ( USB CDC ). So no external exe.
>
>   Again thx for the info !

Well then you probably will need to look at the various FpDebug based
debuggers too.

FpDebug can read the dwarf info. You will need to implement
run/pause/breakpoint (there is something in fpdebug, but I do not know
if that works for you).
And then provide memory access, so fpdebug can read data, to evaluate
watches.