[Lazarus] Scaling of menuitem icons

Vojtěch Čihák vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz
Sat Oct 13 22:52:49 CEST 2018

It seems the same here (KDE and Lazarus Qt4). I was able to take screenshot with Spectacle (rectangular area).

V.
> Datum: 13.10.2018 22:09
> Předmět: [Lazarus] Scaling of menuitem icons

Hi

 When higher DPI setting is used on Windows, Lazarus IDE appears to obey nicely.
 All icons are also scaled, together with texts.

 On my Linux + KDE system however icons of the IDE's main menuitems do not scale.
 In KDE settings panel -> Fonts I set the "Force font's DPI" value to
 144 which is about 150%.
 Then I start lazarus and everything is scaled including menu texts but
 not the icons beside them. Icons everywhere else like in the IDE
 Coolbar and component palette are scaled. Editor toolbar also has
 scaled icons and the exact same icons show smaller in the main menu.
 This happens with both GTK2 and QT bindings.
 Could somebody please test with other desktop / window manager systems.
 Who knows the High DPI code well enough to fix the issue?

 I wanted to take a screenshot but the IDE's menus always close when
 Spectacle (screeshot app) takes it. This is another bug somewhere.
 Menus of well behaving KDE apps, for example Kate's, do not close.

 Juha