[Lazarus] New debugger for Mac based on lldb (Call for testers)

C Western l at c-m-w.me.uk
Wed Oct 17 23:04:52 CEST 2018

I have identified the issue. It seems that fpdebug opens all the object
files associated with the project, and keeps them open. For the project
I was working on this results in 700 or so open files in lazarus, and it
seems the default system limit is 256. Awkwardly it is not clear how to
change this; putting (say) "ulimit -n 6000" in .profile changes it in
the terminal window, and the debugger then runs OK if lazarus is started
from the terminal window, but if startlazarus is used the limit for
lazarus stays at 256.

Colin