[Lazarus] Cross-compile console program to Linux (Ubuntu)?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 08:21:08 CEST 2018

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 21:09:56 +0200, Bo Berglund via Lazarus

>I have a console program for Windows, which was developed using
>Delphi2007 and Indy10.
>Now I need to port this to Linux (Ubuntu Server 16.04-3 LTS on Intel
>i386 CPu).
>I have installed Lazarus 1.8.4-32 using the download from the official
>Lazarus site: lazarus-1.8.4-fpc-3.0.4-win32.exe

I have now succeeded in porting the code to Lazarus/FPC and it builds
OK. A Windows32 exe file is produced.

So now to crosscompile for Linux:

When reading the wiki page
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Cross_compiling#From_Windows_to_Linux
I understand that the IDE is ready to build for Linux out of the box
provided it is the same CPU family on the target.
So I changed the target from Default to Linux in
ProjectOptions/CompilerOptions/ConfigAndTarget/TargetOS

But when I try to build it does not work, instead I get the following
error:

Compile package FCL 1.0.1: Exit code 1, Errors: 1
Fatal: Cannot find system used by fcllaz of package FCL.

I have no idea what this means, seems to have to do with Lazarus
itself?
What to do next?

--
Bo Berglund