[Lazarus] Installed lazarus-ide in Ubuntu18, cannot install package

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 13:10:33 CEST 2018

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 1:19 PM Bo Berglund via Lazarus
> No, I decided to go the route of checking out the release sources and
> build from them. Needed the seed compiler 3.0.0 but advice here led me
> to where that could be fetched (important: It must be the 64 bit seed
> compiler!).

Why you had to build also FPC from sources? I first understood the
problem was about installing Lazarus.

> So I followed my notes (actually a script) for installing FPC/Lazarus
> on RaspberryPi devices and it worked just fine. Had to change the
> Ubuntu desktop to xfce to get a decent start menu where I could
> install the start item for Lazarus 1.8.4.
> Now working fine! Source is the way to go!

Why old Lazarus 1.8.4? Why don't you use the new 2.0 branch?

I don't know about the cross-platform SSL / email issues. Somebody
else must answer that.

Juha