[Lazarus] Installed lazarus-ide in Ubuntu18, cannot install package

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 23:42:55 CEST 2018

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 10:16 PM Brian via Lazarus
> ... and errors from deep inside code libraries tend to throw me,
> especially when it's object oriented code (yes, I'm that old).

ValidUTF8String and Utf8EscapeControlChars are global functions.
Nothing object oriented there. :)

Looking at the code, ValidUTF8String was first renamed + deprecated
and then removed for a reason. The name is misleading. Sounds like it
checks the validity of a string while actually it escapes control
chars. The new name is good and descriptive.

Juha