[Lazarus] Exception handling in Linux?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 18:46:11 CEST 2018

I am working on a port of a Windows Win32 command line program (Delphi
2007) to Linux Ubuntu 18.04 64bit.

I am almost done now and my tests show that the basic functionality
works as intended.
But I am not sure about the exception handling at all...

In my code I have many instances of:
try
  some code block
except
  on E: Exception do
  begin
    LogDebug('Exception in module xxxx: ' + E.Message;
  end
end;

Now when testing I have experienced that Lazarus trows up an exception
dialog when code inside such a construct is running (it typically
comes from some Indy10 operation). When I hit Continue I expect the
code to run the except block but it does not.
There are no log messages concerning the exception....

So I wonder if this is a difference between Windows and Linux or some
missing configuration setting on my part?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden