[Lazarus] Built console app on Linux, but won't run on another Linux machine

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 12:25:04 CEST 2018

Using Lazarus 1.8.4 and FPC 3.0.4 64 bit on Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit.
Project built and runs fine on dev system.

Now copied executable to an Ubuntu Server 16.04 64 bit and tried to
run it. But here I get an immediate error:

./LicMgr: error while loading shared libraries: libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0:

In my code there is no such request so it must be something built into
the executable when compiled on Ubuntu 18.04, but how can I fix this?

The dev machine has a GUI interface (otherwise Lazarus would not work)
but the program itself is purely non-gui, it is just a Pascal program
and it does not even send output to the console, just handles files
and networking. Still the name libgdk-x11-2.0 suggests that it has
something to do with X...

Any ideas how I can remove dependencies of whatever libgdk-x11-2.0
means?

The Ubuntu Server 16.04 is meant to be the home of this utility...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden