[Lazarus] Built console app on Linux, but won't run on another Linux machine

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 14:31:31 CEST 2018

On Sat, 27 Oct 2018 14:57:39 +0300, Juha Manninen via Lazarus

>On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 2:03 PM Bo Berglund via Lazarus
><lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>> I had LCL there as Required package, but I removed it.
>
>So you know how to remove a dependency!
>How did the LCL dependency come there if you created a console program?

I ported an existing Delphi console program to Lazarus using its
conversion function. It was a test to get around a problem running the
original program on a new Windows 2016 Server machine...

After conversion it complained about directive {$APPTYPE CONSOLE}
being unrecognized so I had to IFNDEF FPC that line so it is only
visible in Delphi (which I rarely use these days)...
I assume that the converter brought in LCL, but I have removed it
today, did not make a difference.

Is there a way to tell Lazarus a program is meant to be a console
(command line) type program without GUI connections?
Or should I start over and create a new console program in Lazarus and
then bring in the units I have used for certain functions and also
change the main dpr file into a normal unit?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden