[Lazarus] Built console app on Linux, but won't run on another Linux machine

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 27 17:46:22 CEST 2018

Bo Berglund via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> schrieb am Sa., 27.
Okt. 2018, 14:31:

> After conversion it complained about directive {$APPTYPE CONSOLE}
> being unrecognized so I had to IFNDEF FPC that line so it is only
> visible in Delphi (which I rarely use these days)...

It's only a warning, not an error. The $AppType directive is only handled
on targets that have a distinction
for binary types (e.g. Windows which has GUI and Console or Classic Mac OS
which has Tool). Unix-like systems like Linux do not differ between console
and GUI programs in that way and thus the directive is ignored(!) there.

Regards,
Sven