[Lazarus] Entering comment char { } not working in code window

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 19:34:43 CET 2018

Is this a known issue?
In Lazarus 1.8.4 FPC 3.0.4 on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS with xfce desktop and
using a Swedish keyboard. Ubuntu is running in a VMWare PRO12 virtual
machine:

In the code window I cannot enter regular pascal comments delimited by
{ and }.
But in the Text Editor application there is no such problem.
Also elsewhere in Lazarus I can enter these characters just fine, for
example in property setting edit boxes.

The { key is entered using AltGr + 7 and } using AltGr + 0.

I have looked in the Tools/Editor/Display/Key Mappings dialog and used
its "Find key combination" function to see if these key combinations
are reserved, but not...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden