[Lazarus] IDE Spotter- issues

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Sep 25 20:27:54 CEST 2018

On Tue, 25 Sep 2018, FTurtle via Lazarus wrote:

>> I committed a new version with some visual improvements and bugfixes:
>>
>> * Actually load saved options on startup :)
>> * Button to go to settings
>> * Margins around controls
>> * Better Left and right margin inside listbox
>> * Use different default colors (maroon, navy)
>> * Handle keydown instead of key up, so repeat is enabled...
>>

> 1. Standard for margins around controls in Lazarus is 6 pixels. Now is lesser. This is very noticeable visually.

Really ? You must have 100/10 vision. I don't see any difference.

But I can say with certainty the IDE is not consistent in this regard, e.g.
the project inspector uses different spacing than the IDE Options dialog.
The only reason I saw that is because of your remark I started putting
things side by side.

> 2. Spotter does not respect IDE option "Prefer double-click over single-click". It is very uncomfortable for people who prefer double click in lists.

Really ? I did not know all these things.

The single click was chosen because this is how it works in Atom.

Where are all these options or rules described ?

Because the IDE Tools - Options page does not contain such a setting.
Or at least, I didn't find it.

If I select something, it's always single click.
Project inspector, IDE Tools - Options treeview. Everywhere.

Michael.