[Lazarus] Package -> New Component ...

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 20:08:32 CEST 2018

Hello

I improved the New Component feature and its GUI in r59170.
Now it accepts 3 icons for different resolutions. The higher
resolution icons will be picked automatically if their file names have
'_150' and '_200' suffix. They can be selected manually, too.
Parts of the GUI were dummy. For example it allowed a user to change a
unit's filename but then complained if he did so. Now a generated file
name is shown in a label. The directory for a unit file can still be
selected.
There are other minor improvements although more would be needed I guess.
Please check out.

The resource type generated is still the old Lazarus Recourse (.lrs).
The next step is to generate the FPC's Delphi compatible resource
(.res).

I try to hurry this up because a new book about Lazarus will have a
chapter about this New Component feature and the old dialog was badly
outdated. The HighDPI support with multi-resolution icons is a major
new feature in Lazarus / LCL after all.
I would like to push this improvement to the 2.0 branch although it
touches the IDE's resource strings and thus breaks the basic rule of
letting translators do their job in peace after a release branch is
forked.
What do you think?

Juha