[Lazarus] Package -> New Component ...

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 10:12:31 CEST 2018

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 2:13 AM Maxim Ganetsky via Lazarus
> Hurrying and rushing features at the last moment is never good. Chances
> are the dialog will have regressions and it may turn out that further
> significant rework will be needed.

In general that is true. However my changes were quite moderate in complexity.
The code does not switch to the new resource type but still uses the old .lrs.
It does not change the way of selecting ancestor type which will need
improvements later.
The changes for GUI fixed some clear usability bugs.
I tested the multi-icon feature thoroughly but only with Linux + KDE
so far. Windows people, please test and give feedback.

> Changes are quite minimal, so I don't see any major problem from this side.

In that case I would say it is safe to merge after getting some
feedback from testers.

BTW, the new book does not need to explain which resource type is used
when intruducing this feature and dialog.
We can "quietly" update for the new .res type later, maybe in Lazarus 2.0.2.

Regards,
Juha