[Lazarus] [fpc-devel] SSL socket support rework & HTTPS support in FPC HTTP Server.

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Jan 5 19:25:24 CET 2019

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019, Ozz Nixon wrote:

> I am glad to hear this... last night, I actually came across my last
> release of DXSock Server Development Suite source. Is it possible for me to
> donate my source to the FPC and Lazarus project with two stipulations?
> 1. Naming of the Code stays the same (c) and author... and the source
> cannot be used with the Delphi compiler.
> 2. Any commercial products built with it requires a license of the source
> for $99 a year.

Although I personally am of course interested in seeing a powerful sockets
suite distributed in FPC, I'm afraid we cannot start distributing things which
have 'special' licensing conditions.

However, what you could try to do is add it to the lazarus online package manager system.

(or, when Joost is finished, the fppkg based one.)

Michael.