[Lazarus] Can't start lazarus trunk

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Sun Jan 6 21:11:42 CET 2019

Op 06-01-19 om 17:29 schreef Martok via lazarus:
> Am 03.01.2019 um 22:27 schrieb Joost van der Sluis via lazarus:
>> I actually don't know how to create the configuration files on Windows.
> So, I checked the source, and it seems you actually do ;-)

Oh, I do know how to do it in code... (b.t.w. if you really want to know
how to do it, 'fpcmkcfg -3' and 'fpcmkcfg -4' could help.

> The Lazarus side generates a config if none is found (in a weird place, but that
> is just GetAppConfigFile being what it is). The problem is in fppkg on the the
> compiler side. My preferred fix would be also checking the fppkg exe path,
> because that's where "make install" puts it on windows, i.e.:

That's more a coincidence. Because all executables are installed into
the same location.

> packages\fppkg\src\pkgoptions.pp:1119:
>      FCompiler:=ExeSearch('fpc'+ExeExt,ExtractFilePath(ParamStr(0)) +
> PathSeparator + GetEnvironmentVariable('PATH'));

That won't work here, because pkgoptions is part of the fppkg-library.
In this particular case it will retrieve the path of the Lazarus-executable.

> The shared config file is still wrong if more than one full platform is
> installed (not usually done on unices, but that's how the Lazarus Windows
> installer sets things up -- see also --primary-config-path), but that's a
> different issue.

That sounds strange, it should use the normal configuration that is used
by fpc to allow cross-platform setups? But I'm not sure exactly how the
configuration files look like if they are generated this way on Windows.

Regards,

Joost.