[Lazarus] Can't start lazarus trunk

Martok listbox at martoks-place.de
Wed Jan 9 18:27:20 CET 2019

Am 03.01.2019 um 00:31 schrieb Joost van der Sluis via lazarus:
> Should be fixed. In FPC (added the check if the compiler exists) and in
> Lazarus (do not choke on it when an exception occurs)

I just found out something else -- the exception also breaks Lazbuild, which,
since it doesn't have a GUI, can't do anything about it (by the way - the
IDEMessageDialog title is using the wrong string constant).

> Error: (lazbuild) An error occured during the initialization of Fppkg: %s.
> Check your Fppkg configuration and restart Lazarus to be able to use Fppkg's functionality.
> An error occured during the initialization of Fppkg: Could not find a fpc executable in the PATH.
> Check your Fppkg configuration and restart Lazarus to be able to use Fppkg's functionality.
> LazBuild ist nicht interaktiv, es wird abgebrochen.

Lazbuild doesn't even have theoretical facilities to be a fppkg frontend (that
is, install the ide package), so that makes no sense at all. It's completely
unneeded for building - fpc finds its own fpc.cfg, therefore it would find the
units to use.

Oh, and unrelated: "fppkg list" just prints an error 404. Wherever that comes from.

Martok