[Lazarus] how to show hourglass on windows 10 with touch screen?

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Wed Jan 23 15:49:38 CET 2019

This isn't strictly a lazarus issue, but my google fu is failing me.
It turns out that windows 10 with a touch screen hides the mouse cursor,
so Screen.Cursor=crHourGlass does nothing.
I found that there isn't a setting to force the mouse cursor on
(https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-mouse-cursor-also-when-using-touch-screen/e9a7ab79-baeb-4b47-afee-4d8fed4cfbcb),
is there an alternative way to show that the application is busy?
In my case I'm launching another application and, since the pc is rather
slow, it could take 2-3 seconds or more for the application to show
after pressing the button.

TIA
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007