[Lazarus] Multi-line msgid in PO file

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 12:01:15 CET 2019

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 08:19:47PM +0300, Maxim Ganetsky via lazarus wrote:
> 30.01.2019 20:10, Henry Vermaak via lazarus пишет:
> > I've had a problem with multi-line translations not working and realised
> > that an extra '\n' was appended to the last line of the msgid in the PO
> > file causing the translation lookup to fail.  I'm assuming that this is
> > a bug, but thought I'd ask here first.
>
> Multiline translations are used in Lazarus and seem to work?

That's perhaps because lazarus doesn't use .mo files?

> Please send a test project.

OK, see attached.  Steps to reproduce:

- Build project.

- Run and check hover hint on form, it's in English.

- Edit po/fr.po and remove the "\n" on the last line of the multiline
  hint for both msgid and msgstr.

- Re-create the .mo file:

msgfmt -o locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/multiline.mo po/fr.po

- Run again and the hint will now be in French(*).

Henry

* Or some approximation thereof :)