[Qt] GTK buttons

Hess, Philip J pjhess at purdue.edu
Tue Feb 13 20:22:34 CET 2007

Felipe,

I've attached a screenshot that illustrates some things with Qt buttons and text edits.

I've also attached the code that I used to generate this.

The 4th button's size is set based on the "size hint" that Qt returns. This is supposed to be the optimized size to use for the button.

I tried overriding TQtPushButton's SetGeometry method to set the button size using the size hint, but nothing happened. Maybe SetGeometry is not getting called?

I thought this might be a simple way (with $IFDEF) of getting normal-looking buttons with OS X.

Also, note the rectangle around the text edits. In LCL these rectangles do not appear with TEdit's that don't have the focus.

Note: I upgraded to OS X 10.4 (Tiger) over the weekend and now executables link much faster than before. Not sure if this is due to recent speedups in FPC (still using 2.0.4) or a faster linker with 10.4 but compiling is really painless now even on my old hardware (6 years and counting). It's nice to see things get faster for once with an upgrade instead of slower as usually happens.

Thanks.

-Phil