[Qt] PQtPoint, Menus and Qt IDE

Paul Ishenin ip at kmiac.ru
Mon Jul 9 07:33:38 CEST 2007

Hello,  Items specific to the Qt widget set.

Today I tried to fix some problems I had with starting QT ide (under
windows).

As result I have:
- fixing "point" issues (change from PPoint to PQtPoint)
- fixing lazarus splash screen launch (there was assumption in the code
that application already has MainForm, so all calls like
Application.MainForm.Visible causes AV)
- fixing issues with Menu.

I want to add some notes about Menu.

Before changes and what errors we had:

We created TQtMenu if MenuItem.Count > 0 and TQtAction in other case. It
works fine if our menu were completely defined before
TQtWSMenuItem.CreateHandle calls. And in all TQtWSMenuItem we looked at
MenuItem.Count to define wich class should we use TQtMenu/TQtAction.

Problems: if we add TMenuItem in runtime to some Item wich has 0
SubItems then we get AV since we will try to use TQtMenu where we have
TQtAction.

After patch:

We always create TQtMenu in spite of MenuItem.Count. Every QMenu has
internal QAction, so it is not a problem to get pointer to QAction where
we need. As result we can add submenus at runtime without any troubles
with defining internal widget class that represents TMenuItem.

After fixing this issues I've got ability to start Qt IDE. Screenshot:
http://free1c.narod.ru/qt/qt_ide.png

Ofcource I can apply this patch myself, but I dont know if I right with
"points" issues and with TQtWSMenuItem rework.

--
Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.