[Qt] error compiling qt lcl

Giulio Bernardi ugilio at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 9 21:33:35 CEST 2007

> indeed ... I just checked and the rectangle type utilized by Carbon is
> equal to the one used by Qt.

Sorry, I didn't follow all discussion and I'm very short on time in this
period to research on my own,
so I might be saying something stupid :P

Note that in Carbon two kinds of rectangles do exist (see FPCMacOSAll): Rect
and CGRect.
The former is similar to the win32 (and lcl) one, while the second is made
up of float values, and has
coordinates flipped upside down (that is, 0,0 is at bottom-left instead of
top-left).
The former type is generally used for controls, while the second is used
when drawing with Quartz.
In compositing mode there are the so called "views", now I don't remember if
with view apis the default
coordinate system is the Quartz one, but maybe that your problem is somehow
related to this fact?

Maybe these links can be useful:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/GraphicsImaging/Conceptual/drawingwithquartz2d/dq_overview/chapter_2_section_6.html
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/Conceptual/HIViewDoc/HIView_concept/chapter_2_section_5.html