[Qt] 64 bit problems

Giulio Bernardi ugilio at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 29 21:40:23 CEST 2007

>fixed in r11674

I still have problems... but it's very strange.
After your patch, lazarus starts (via ./startlazarus). However keeps
crashing when starting it with ./lazarus, and gdb tells me something that
shouldn't be related to the timer issue.

In fact, when lazarus starts it tells me that last project made lazarus
crash, so a dialog box asks me if I want to try to reopen that project or
not. When I click a button in the dialog, the ide crashes.
What happens is this:

The dialog is created from QuestionDlg, that at some time calls ShowModal
(of CustomForm).
ShowModal does a
ActiveWindow := GetActiveWindow;
(in the qt interface, it asks to the bindings for the active window, and
then finds the qtwidget object if I understood correctly).
After showing the Dialog, ShowModal does a
if ActiveWindow <> 0 then SetActiveWindow(ActiveWindow);
In qt interface, we have

procedure TQtWidget.Activate;
begin
  QWidget_activateWindow(Widget);
end;

Widget passes TheObject, but TheObject is nil, so there is a SIGSEGV.

This is what seems to happen, but I'm a bit lost, and compiling with
-dVerboseQt gives a lot of compilation errors.